Fast, efficient and error-free processing of documents goes hand in hand with lean management
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is one of the most secure and efficient tools for inter-enterprise communication throughout the supply chain. Created in accordance with generally accepted standards, it enables fast, efficient and organized documentation workflow basing on communication between the recipient’s and the supplier’s ERP systems. Instead of traditional documents, their equivalents are communicated electronically.
Cooperating with companies, often multi-departmental, from different parts of the world, we put emphasis on fast, efficient and error-free processing of documents. After few months’ work, Etisoft is ready to start communicating with customers via EDI. Such process is always preceded by individual commercial arrangements to standardize data in both systems, including the production minimum quotas, correctness of units of measurement, confection and prices. We want to exchange orders, invoices and delivery notes this way. Ultimately, also procurement schedules. Communication between EDI systems will allow better correspondence to the “just in time” concept and lean management, as defined by Lean Management.
Electronic data exchange becomes a standard solution due to many important advantages:
- very short data exchange time and elimination of delays in information processing within the target organization,
- due to process automation elimination of errors in manually entered data and thus better control and monitoring of exchanged documents and accompanying processes,
- single, correct data entry allows its multiple reuse,
- shortening of a cycle: sales – invoicing – payment,
- reduction of costs (both administrative and operational),
- control of the order’s fulfillment time by automatic confirmation,
- lack of language barrier (system operates on dry data),
- easy and legible access to the history of a given file,
- customers service according to unified standards,
- full transaction transparency: information and documents are stored on a server and not in mailboxes,
- simple operation process, no changes occure in the order process itself, employees perform the same actions in
- the system as in the absence of EDI communication,
- thanks to translation each production system is able to communicate with any other system, e.g. Infor LN – SAP,
- possibility to create a WEB-EDI portal, where customers without EDI may complement data directly into the system.By means of the Electronic Data Exchange System, we hope to further strengthen our cooperation with our customers basing on proven and trustworthy tools.